Coronavirus, Covid 19, Business Resources
We are committed to doing our part to assist our communities.
LCDC knows that this is a challenging time for you, our community, our nation and the entire planet. We are living thru an unprecedented event. There are so many uncertainties, but one thing we do know is the human capacity for love and understanding.
During this time, we are still here to assist you and your business. We will be adding more business resources from the cities, county, state and federal levels to this page. Check back frequently for updates.
We will make it through this trying time together.💙
This page is not intended to provide breaking alerts or health updates. Please use these resources for those needs:
- The IRS Employee Retention Credit – Learn More
- Click here for more information on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Interim Guidance for Businesses: Workplace guidance for employers
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Click here for Employee Paid Leave Rights
- IRS Tax Relief for Disaster Areas: While a payment extension has been granted for individual taxpayers, the filing deadline remains in place.
Small Business Administration
- SBA Debt Relief: The SBA is providing a financial reprieve to small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic – Learn more
- Click here for eligibilty requirements and to apply for the SBA’s COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program.
- Small Business Administration: Disaster Loan Assistance program. As of March 21, the State of Kansas small businesses were declared eligible for disaster loans from the Small Business Administration (SBA).
- Small Business Administration: Business emergency plans
- New SBA Guidance on PPP Loan Forgiveness for Sole Proprietors: Self-employed individuals will receive owner compensation loan forgiveness to a proportionate eight-week share of 2019 net profit as reflected on the individual’s 2019 Form 1040 Schedule C – Learn More
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): Check back for frequent updates – Learn More
- What you need to know about the SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) – Click here
State of Kansas
- State Reopen Business Guidelines – Learn More
- State of Kansas COVID-19 Response and Recovery online portal – check back for frequent updates – Learn More
- Department for Children and Families Announces Hero Relief Program: Learn more about child care subsidies to eligible health care workers, first responders and other essential workers
- Live Chat with the Kansas Department of Commerce to Provide Assistance to Businesses – Learn more
- Kansas Works Offers Live Chat for those seeking employment, hiring or a new career – Learn More
- The Hospitality Industry Relief Emergency (HIRE) Fund is no longer available. To check for updates, click here.
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: An index of frequently asked questions and recommendations by industry type.
- Kansas Department of Labor: Resources of employers regarding workplace safety, the shared work program and filing for potential unemployment claims. Resources for workers impacted by reduced hours or layoffs
- Kansas Attorney General: Report price gouging
- The Kansas Essential Function Framework (KEFF) for COVID-19
- #SafeReturnKC Guide for Responsible Re-Entry to the Workplace – Learn More
- Regional COVID-19 Economic Impact Survey – Learn More
- NEW: Leavenworth County Board of County Commissioners Recommends Citizens Wear Face Masks – But It Is NOT Mandatory – Learn More
- Leavenworth County Reopening Plan – Learn More
- LCDC Webinar Summary – Secretary Toland
- KU’s Institute for Policy & Social Research: COVID-19 Research and Resources
- Banking Assistance: Bankers are actively working with their customers on an individual basis. Be proactive and contact your bank before you start experiencing financial challenges because of the virus.