Coronavirus, Covid 19, Business Resources
We are committed to doing our part to assist our communities.
LCDC knows that this is a challenging time for you, our community, our nation and the entire planet. We are living thru an unprecedented event. There are so many uncertainties, but one thing we do know is the human capacity for love and understanding.
During this time, we are still here to assist you and your business. We will be adding more business resources from the cities, county, state and federal levels to this page. Check back frequently for updates.
We will make it through this trying time together.💙
This page is not intended to provide breaking alerts or health updates. Please use these resources for those needs:
Kansas Announces Reopen Plan Phase two – click here to view the reopen plan
The Kansas Essential Function Framework (KEFF) for COVID-19
To find out if your business qualifies as an essential business click here.
#SafeReturnKC Guide for Responsible Re-Entry to the Workplace – Learn More
- NEW: Leavenworth County Reopening Plan – Learn More
- State Reopen Business Guidelines – Learn More
- The IRS Employee Retention Credit – Learn More
- Regional COVID-19 Economic Impact Survey – Learn More
- State of Kansas COVID-19 Response and Recovery online portal – check back for frequent updates – Learn More
- The Small Business Administration PPP loan application – Learn More
- New SBA Guidance on PPP Loan Forgiveness for Sole Proprietors: Self-employed individuals will receive owner compensation loan forgiveness to a proportionate eight-week share of 2019 net profit as reflected on the individual’s 2019 Form 1040 Schedule C – Learn More
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): Check back for frequent updates – Learn More
- SBA Debt Relief: The SBA is providing a financial reprieve to small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic – Learn more
- Department for Children and Families Announces Hero Relief Program: Learn more about child care subsidies to eligible health care workers, first responders and other essential workers
- Live Chat with the Kansas Department of Commerce to Provide Assistance to Businesses – Learn more
- Kansas Works Offers Live Chat for those seeking employment, hiring or a new career – Learn More
- LCDC Webinar Summary – Secretary Toland
- Click here for more information on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Click here for eligibilty requirements and to apply for the SBA’s COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program.
- What you need to know about the SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) – Click here
- Small Business Administration: Disaster Loan Assistance program. As of March 21, the State of Kansas small businesses were declared eligible for disaster loans from the Small Business Administration (SBA).
- Banking Assistance: Bankers are actively working with their customers on an individual basis. Be proactive and contact your bank before you start experiencing financial challenges because of the virus.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Click here for Employee Paid Leave Rights
- Leavenworth County, Kansas, remains dedicated to our citizens and employees during the current COVID-19 pandemic. The health and safety of our community and workforce is our first priority. The Leavenworth County Health Department, Leavenworth County Emergency Management, Administration, and other departments are working together to monitor and respond to the evolving situation. For more information, go to: https://www.leavenworthcounty.gov/covid/default.asp
- The Hospitality Industry Relief Emergency (HIRE) Fund is no longer available. To check for updates, visit: https://www.kansascommerce.gov/covid-19-response/hospitality-industry-relief-emergency-hire-fund/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Interim Guidance for Businesses: Workplace guidance for employers
- Kansas Corporation Commission: Waiver of utility disconnects until April 15
- IRS Tax Relief for Disaster Areas: While a payment extension has been granted for individual taxpayers, the filing deadline remains in place.
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: An index of frequently asked questions and recommendations by industry type.
- Kansas Department of Labor: Resources of employers regarding workplace safety, the shared work program and filing for potential unemployment claims. Resources for workers impacted by reduced hours or layoffs
- Kansas Attorney General: Report price gouging
- Small Business Administration: Business emergency plans
- KU’s Institute for Policy & Social Research: COVID-19 Research and Resources