Small Business Micro-Grant Program
The Leavenworth County Development Corporation has a micro-grant program for new and existing companies in Leavenworth County. Prior to submitting the application, businesses should contact Diana Dodd, Assistant Director, at (913) 727-6111 or email email@example.com.
For-profit businesses may apply.
Companies with less than 20 employees and less than $750,000 in annual revenue may apply.
A company match is required.
The company must be operating out of a brick-and-mortar business location in Leavenworth County.
Grants will be made for the following:
- Purchase of equipment
- Accounting/attorney fees for business setup
- Vendor training expenses
- Consulting/leadership training fees
- Initial IT/website development costs
- Remodels or additions to real estate
- Other key business investment
Grant commitments and funding level factors:
- Grants will be committed and funded on a first-come, first-served basis based on availability of funds.
- Payments will be made upon applicant’s submission of receipts for eligible project costs.
- Economic development impact should be demonstrated by the applicant.
- The amount of each grant will range from a minimum of $200 to a maximum of $1,500.
- The final grant award amount will be determined by LCDC staff, based on available funds and economic impact.
- New businesses and start-ups will receive grant funding once open for business.