Reports & Studies
Labor Shed Study Reveals Leavenworth County’s Strengths
LCDC issued a Regional Labor Study in partnership with Evergy to identify labor growth and availability. A few highlights from the study include:
- Leavenworth County’s strategic location gives it a far‐reaching labor shed that reaches into three separate metropolitan areas: Kansas City, MO‐KS MSA, Lawrence, KS MSA, and Topeka, KS MSA.
- The Labor Shed population (2,272,019) is greater than that of the Kansas City MO‐KS MSA (2,161,651) by more than 80,000.
- The labor shed’s population growth rate over the last 10 years (7%) is outpacing national (6%) and state (KS – 2% | MO – 3%) growth rates over the same period, indicating concentrated growth in the region.
- Growth is projected to continue with an estimated population of 2,335,671 by 2027.
- When compared to other Midwestern regions with a population of at least 500,000, the Leavenworth County labor shed is growing faster than average (7% vs 5%).
Click the button below to watch the Labor Study presentation video starting at 14:53.