Leavenworth County Development Corporation
Leavenworth County Development Corporation (LCDC) mobilizes business, government and civic leaders for the Kansas cities of Leavenworth, Lansing and Tonganoxie to maximize the county’s economic prosperity and regional competitiveness. As a public-private nonprofit organization, LCDC drives economic growth across diverse industry sectors in Leavenworth County.
LCDC partners with local companies to provide resources for expansion, programs to help retain business and to advocate for policies that enhance the county’s economic vitality. LCDC also leads attraction efforts to bring new investment and new companies to the county.
- Market the Leavenworth, Lansing and Tonganoxie Business Parks, including Gary Carlson and Urban Hess Business Parks
- Assist existing businesses to become more competitive
- Attract investment from market-leading companies worldwide
- Highlight the top-tier talent available in Leavenworth County and the quality of life that keeps them here
- Accelerate startups and high-growth businesses by connecting them with local resources and regional networks
Leavenworth County Port Authority
Leavenworth County Port Authority (LCPA) is a quasi-governmental agency whose primary mission is to assist in the development of economic opportunities via the planning, construction and marketing of industrial properties/facilities in Leavenworth County. Its original focus was to provide guidance and direction for the development of the port area along the Missouri and Kansas Rivers. As economic development moved away from barge/rail importance, the organization adapted itself to serve additional economic development needs of the community.
LCPA has a board of five members who are appointed jointly by the Board of County Commissioners and the Leavenworth City Commission and serve four-year terms. The LCPA is staffed by the Leavenworth County Development Corporation (LCDC).